Laboratory of algebraic geometry and its applications
Laboratory of algebraic geometry and its applications
was created in December of 2010 at the
Faculty of Mathematics,
Higher School of Economics (SU-HSE). It is an independent
body of researchers and teachers, under direction
of Professor Fedor Bogomolov (New York-Moscow), funded
from a grant by the
Ministry of Science of Russian Federation.
Weekly seminar, every Friday 17:00.
- April 24, 2015: Jonathan Woolf (University of Liverpool),
Contractibility of spaces of stability conditions
A minicourse on stability conditions.:
- April 21, 2015, 15:30, room 213: Jonathan Woolf (University of Liverpool),
Lecture 1: Derived and triangulated categories
- April 22, 2015, 17:00, room 1001: Jonathan Woolf (University of Liverpool),
Lecture 2: Spaces of stability conditions
- Seminar on geometric structures,
every Thursday 18:30.
- April 23, 2015: Александра Викторова (ВШЭ),
Кэлеровы структуры на нильмногообразиях
Александра Кузнецова (ВШЭ),
- The Laboratory's mailing list (please subscribe).
- Conferences and workshops
Lecture notes, coursework.
A conference "Instantons in complex geometry",
14-18 March 2011.
- Summer school in algebraic geometry and
complex analysis for young scientists
May 23-28, 2011, Yaroslavl.
- Three conferences organized jointly with
the University of Vienna algebraic geometry group.
"Algebra and geometry": a summer school for students
August 1-7, 2011, Yaroslavl.
- August 14-21, 2011:
School of Algebra and Algebraic Geometry,
conference on algebra and geometry (August 22-27).
- Vacancies announced. Deadline for applications - August 15, 2011.
- September 1-10, 2011:
a conference and a workshop
"Algebraic Geometry and Derived Categories" (Moscow)
- A conference
"Geometric structures on complex manifolds" (3-7 October 2011, Moscow).
"Arithmetic Days", 5 - 6 April 2012, Moscow.
Hyperkähler manifolds, April 11-14, 2012, Banach Center IMPAN, Warsaw.
- Birational and affine geometry, April 23-27, 2012, Moscow.
- Geometry of Kaehler manifolds,
21-25 May 2012, Laboratoire de Mathématiques Jean Leray, Nantes
(an event dedicated to Bogomolov's 65 anniversary).
- Algebra and Geometry:
to the 65-th anniversary of Askold G. Khovanskii (June 4-9, 2012).
Летняя математическая школа "Алгебра и геометрия",
25 - 31 июля, 2012.
- The First International
Workshop on Algebraic Geometry,
Particle Physics and String Theory,
Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Russia, September 10-14, 2012.
- Workshop on complex geometry and foliations,
dedicated to the memory of Marco Brunella. September 17-21, 2012
- 35th Autumn School in Algebraic Geometry:
Subgroups of Cremona groups,
Lukecin, Poland, September 23 -- September 29, 2012.
The annual memorial conference "Algebraic
and differential geometry of Andrey Tyurin",
Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow,
October 24-26, 2012.
The conference on Algebraic Geometry in honor of Viktor Kulikov,
Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, December 3-7, 2012.
- Conference on Homological Mirror Symmetry, January 28-February 1, 2013, Miami.
- Third Latin Congress on Symmetries in Geometry and Physics,
February 1 -- February 10, 2013, Maranhao, Brazil
The second workshop on complex geometry and foliations
(February 25-March 1, 2013, HSE)
- Vacancies: POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS AT HSE (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 15, 2013).
International Conference "Diophantine Geometry", May 13-17, 2013,
Laboratoire Poncelet, Moscow.
- Arithmetic days 2013,
St. Petersburg, May 20-23, 2013,
Steklov Institute RAS (St. Petersburg chapter).
- A summer conference and school on complex analysis and
Lyutovo, Yaroslavl, May 20-25, 2013.
- Kyoji Saito (IPMU, University of Tokyo),
Four Lectures on Primitive Forms
(An introduction to complex analytic theory)
June 17-21, 2013.
- Summer school "Algebra and geometry",
July 25-31, 2013
International conference "Geometry of algebraic manifolds"
dedicated to the memory of V. A. Iskovskikh, October 22-25, 2013,
Annual memorial conference dedicated to the memory of A.N. Tyurin
(October 28, 2013, MIRAN).
Master class: Around Torelli's theorem for K3 surfaces,
Oct. 28-Nov. 1, 2013, IRMA, Strasbourg.
Representation Theory and applications to Combinatorics,
Geometry and Quantum Physics
International Conference dedicated to the 60-th birthday of Boris Feigin
December 13 - 19, 2013 (HSE).
"Attractors, Foliations and Limit Cycles",
international conference celebrating Yulij Ilyashenko 70th birthday
(13 to 17 January 2014, Independent University)
- For students:
Research Assistant vacancies in the Laboratory (deadline: 30.11.2013).
January 27-February 1, 2014:
Lie algebras, algebraic groups and invariant theory (IUM and MSU, Moscow).
- March 3-6, 2014: School and seminar in algebraic geometry,
Institute of Mathematics, Economics and Informatics, Irkutsk University.
Assistant, Associate and Full professorship;
international recruitment. Deadline February 25, 2014.
- Several more vacancies (deadline February 28, 2014)
Post-doctoral positions at the Faculty of Mathematics,
international recruitment (deadline March 25, 2014)
- April 1-17, 2014:
Spencer Bloch, "Periods in Algebraic Geometry"
(lectures 13:30-15:00, every Tuesday and Thursday)
- May 19-23, 2014:
A workshop on the Chow group of holomorphically symplectic
- Valery Alexeev
(University of Georgia): a minicourse "Compactification of
moduli space of surfaces",
June 4, 11, 18, 25, 2014
(Wednesdays), 17:00, room 1001.
- July 3-10, 2014:
"Symmetries and correspondences in number theory,
geometry, algebra" (University of Nottingham).
- July 25-31, 2014: The 4th
Summer school "Algebra and geometry", (Yaroslavl').
- November 10-14, 2014, a workshop
"Complex manifolds, dynamics and birational geometry" (HSE).
- December 1 - 5,
"Zeta Functions 5" (Independent University, Moscow).
- Javier Fresan (Max Planck Institute),
An introduction to the Grothendieck period conjecture,
- January 5-15, 2015,
Holomorphic dynamics school and
Hyperbolicity in algebraic geometry conference, Ilhabela,
São Paulo, Brazil.
- February 16-20, 2015, "Algebraic structures in convex geometry" (HSE).
For lab's members and longterm visitors:
an acknowledgement form.
Misha Verbitsky, "Algebraic geometry, basic course" (HSE, Fall 2011).
Misha Verbitsky, "Galois theory" (HSE, Spring 2013).
Misha Verbitsky, Differential geometry and vector bundles (HSE and IUM, Fall 2013).
Misha Verbitsky, Complex algebraic geometry (HSE and IUM, Spring 2014).
- Misha Verbitsky,
Locally conformally Kähler manifolds (HSE and IUM, Spring 2014).
Please use it! It's important
for lab's continued grant support.
7 Vavilova Str., Moscow, Russia, 117312
phone/fax: +7 (499) 783-37-84